Monday, January 20, 2014

Floral Skinny Jeans #2



Hey guys! 



Right smack dab in the middle of Project Run & Play I decided it was time to finish sewing up the second pair of Skinny Jeans I had cut out for Lily. I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but I really dislike clutter and I really get hard on myself if I don't finish a project. So, once I cut something out, I am basically ensuring that it will be finished shortly thereafter or my head will explode (jk but you get what I mean!).







What stunk was that once I got to the elastic waistband (um, LAST step) and I realized I only had 1 inch elastic rather than 3/4 inch that it called. So, it sat for a few more days while I waited for an order of elastic to come in the mail. 




I was really happy with my pattern piecing abilities when it came to the back pockets. The left is the best- but that right side isn't too shabby either amiright?






I once again used the topstitching thread that I've fallen in love with. OH, that contrast. It has me swooning. 


Being the second pair they came together really quickly. I think cutting them ends up being the most time consuming part. I already knew how much skinnier they needed to be to fit my string bean so I didn't have to do any stopping/measuring along the way. 

Maybe next time I'll try something other than a floral pattern? 
I mean, I didn't see any more of them at Joann's that I really liked so that's got to be a sign to move on. 

Pants Fabric- Joann's 
T-shirt- Gift from ?









No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and read each and every comment... thank you!