Friday, January 2, 2015

Embroidery Season



While I'm sure there are embroidery enthusiasts that stitch all year round, my tendency is to stitch when the weather gets cold. 




Well, it's cold. It's been cold for months. & just like clockwork, I began pulling out my embroidery boxes and getting to work and working on bigger and better embroidery projects. Ones that include (GASP) filling in large spaces. It's a technique that's really more like an art. At least to me it is. Filling in space can seem overwhelming, but I promised myself I would practice practice practice it. I'm definitely seeing improvement. 




I also took a different route and began turning my works, some old and some new, into sew on patches. I'm not sure whether this is one of those "HOLY SHIT MAKE EVERYTHING INTO A PATCH!" moments that come and go, or if I will continue. 


I think I'll try putting them into the shop. While I enjoy stitching, I usually just pick something that looks fun and go for it rather than making things I need or want. So they usually get placed in a sealed box and nothing really happens to them. I tried changing that by stitching quilt squares, and I'm still planning to continue that, but I don't experiment with those.  I tend to have them very planned and I'm critical about them too much to have fun.





So, if you're in need of a cool embroidered patch- say, for your child's school backpack or suitcase or a jacket. You know where you can find me.  

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I remember my mom latch-hooking me patches :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL that is AWESOME. I hope Lily gets a kick out of my crazy sewing projects when she grows up too. <3

      Delete

I appreciate and read each and every comment... thank you!